I'm leaving the old intro here, but adding this- it appears the doves have taken over my blog for their fiction. Just as well, I was doing a piss poor job of updating. They're doing much better.

This blog is infrequently updated, full of incorrect spellings, misused words, and general bad grammar. It started when I was trying to use google+ (which I've since given up on) and discovered there was no character limit for posts. If you've known me a long time, a lot of these stories will be old hat. If you plan to know me for a long time, you'll no doubt hear many of them in person. But, folks seemed to enjoy them, so here they are.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Twenty fifth story

another day, another story. The Crab story is another installment from the beginning of Dustin and I's relationship. It is set in his old apartment. It starts with him at work and me at school- he called me up to say that he was at the grocery picking up food for dinner, and do I eat crab? Of course I eat crab. He picked me up on the way home, and when we got there, he went into his room to check his email. I stayed out in the kitchen, mucking around, maybe doing dishes or something. The window above the kitchen sink was open, and there was a breeze, still, the grocery bag seemed to be rustling a lot more than it should. I began to suspect there was something in there. The super 88 is a little sketchy, maybe there was a mouse in the vegies? I went into Dustin's room, and said something along the lines of "I think the grocery bag is moving". Dustin didn't really respond, so I went back out and continued with what I was doing. The bag was definitely moving. I went back into Dustin's room, and said that there was absolutely, for sure, something in the bag, and he needed to come check it. He sighed, and got up to go investigate. He opened the bag, looked in, and said that there was nothing in there but the crabs. I responded that I was SURE something was moving, and he said that the only thing moving was the crabs. Only then did it occur to me that the crabs would be alive in the kitchen. Only then did it occur to him that one might buy crabs that weren't alive.

I insisted on putting a brick on top of the pan when we cooked them, as I was SURE - despite knowing otherwise - that they would escape the pan, angry and wanting revenge. They were very tasty, but I told Dustin that if he wanted fresh crab again, he damned well have it dead and cooked before I arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment