I'm leaving the old intro here, but adding this- it appears the doves have taken over my blog for their fiction. Just as well, I was doing a piss poor job of updating. They're doing much better.

This blog is infrequently updated, full of incorrect spellings, misused words, and general bad grammar. It started when I was trying to use google+ (which I've since given up on) and discovered there was no character limit for posts. If you've known me a long time, a lot of these stories will be old hat. If you plan to know me for a long time, you'll no doubt hear many of them in person. But, folks seemed to enjoy them, so here they are.

Friday, December 16, 2011

The Thirty Second Story

Been a while, so, another story. This one is set in Union Square, Somerville, right before Christmas, probably the second year I was in business (though maybe the first). My friend Irka had been helping me out with some of my fairs when I overbooked myself. That day, I just had one small fair, and I had to drop off work for the Massart Winter Sale. I went over to Union square and got myself all set up before remembering about the dropoff. I couldn't leave my work there, it was 11 oclock in the morning, dropoff was only till noon, the fair was already open- so I called up Irka. "where are you, um, right now?" "in Union square, getting brunch" "Great! That's perfect! That's where i am, too, and I need you!" "Um, can I finish my waffles?" "Well, as long as you're quick about it". A few minutes later, I saw her, and with her the fellow who was clearly her date for morning brunch. I felt, suddenly, quite awful, but it being rather too late to avoid interrupting things, I went and did my drop off. I did make them both dinner, later, as an apology.

No comments:

Post a Comment