I'm leaving the old intro here, but adding this- it appears the doves have taken over my blog for their fiction. Just as well, I was doing a piss poor job of updating. They're doing much better.

This blog is infrequently updated, full of incorrect spellings, misused words, and general bad grammar. It started when I was trying to use google+ (which I've since given up on) and discovered there was no character limit for posts. If you've known me a long time, a lot of these stories will be old hat. If you plan to know me for a long time, you'll no doubt hear many of them in person. But, folks seemed to enjoy them, so here they are.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

the third story

today's very short story:
Last year, at a retail fair, a little boy walked into my booth, and immediately started trying on masks. Not a problem- they don't break, and I never put the pointy ones down low. After a few moments, his mom walked in, and told him to put those down, they weren't meant for wearing. Now, I do my damnedest not to contradict parents in front of their kids, but I had several other groups of folks in there playing dressup, and felt I needed to say something, so I just went with "well, they can be for wearing, if you want". She responded with an indignant "Why?!". Before I even had a chance to respond, the little boy, no more than waist high but already possessing the mortification over a parents actions usually reserved for teenagers, burst out with "Mommy!! They're for Carnival!"

No comments:

Post a Comment