I'm leaving the old intro here, but adding this- it appears the doves have taken over my blog for their fiction. Just as well, I was doing a piss poor job of updating. They're doing much better.

This blog is infrequently updated, full of incorrect spellings, misused words, and general bad grammar. It started when I was trying to use google+ (which I've since given up on) and discovered there was no character limit for posts. If you've known me a long time, a lot of these stories will be old hat. If you plan to know me for a long time, you'll no doubt hear many of them in person. But, folks seemed to enjoy them, so here they are.

Friday, August 26, 2011

the twentieth story

Another story, this one set in Brazil.

Dustin and I flew into Manaus to meet my Brother and Yuka, and we all went out onto the Amazon. We had a guide and were out for maybe five nights? I'm not totally sure. One night, Dustin wanted to take a night walk- lord knows what he thought we'd see, but we all got ourselves together. At the last minute, the guide decided he didn't want to go, and sent us with the cook, instead. That is another story. This story is very short. We only had one flashlight, and the cook had it in the front, and somehow or other I was in the back. Only about 200 yards from the campsite, I stepped in a hole. I admit it- I squawked like a startled parrot. My brother, right in front of me, turned around quickly enough to see me still descending into the hole. It ended up only being about thigh deep, and I was totally fine, but much later in the evening, when we finally got back, he admitted to having a split second of envisioning himself trying to explain to my mother when he got home that he'd lost his little sister fall down a rat hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment